Sunday, March 14, 2010

Keepin' on

I'm not going to lie...I momentarily forgot that the blog existed, my bad.
The past two weeks have been very busy...a blur, really. The move went good, the pup is good- got comfortable with the place right away. Lyle (father in law), has dog-proofed most/all the yard in the past two weeks so Trooper is finally able to run around, and enjoy the backyard. He does less running, and more eating sticks/anything on the ground...but i'll pretend he runs around.
I am mostly unpacked, but still have some boxes that need a home. I've really enjoyed being here, and have managed living alone fairly well. Less than 3 months until Mark gets to see his new home! Some pictures below are not in order, thanks to my old-school computer...


Trooper in his chair. Half of the living room. My sister asked why I keep the kennel there, I figure he is most comfy in the living room when i'm home, so I thought he would like spending his days there too.

Dining room, which is more organized now. These pictures are from last week.

Closet that Lyle built me! The shoe rack is my favorite, and sadly, Trooper's favorite too. He just helps himself to a shoe and away he goes.

Other half of the living room- just representing with the flag...Mark would be proud :)
I have ones of my bedroom, but Id feel creeped out if everyone knew what it looked like, so use your imagination! I'll put up more of the office and upstairs/guest room, sometime later.
Mark is doing good. The temperature over yonder is heating up...last I heard it was about 80 degrees during the day. How it goes from 30 to 80 in a matter of weeks is beyond me, but at least they are enjoying it more!

They had to send two guys home due to medical reasons, so they are a bit short staffed, but keeping busy. It sounds like they are all pretty antsy to get home. Less than 3 months, which sounds short, and excruciatingly long at the same time. I'm grateful that my days go by so fast, it's one less that I have to wait.
I haven't written in so long, so i'm not sure if anything else is going on!
I'm loving the weather and spending most of my mornings/evenings outside with the pooch, but otherwise working. Keeping busy though!
thanks to everyone who helped with the move and/or contributed to our sparse home. It's nice to finally call it "our home."
H





No comments:

Post a Comment