Thursday, November 5, 2009

Update of sorts

Most of the time I have so much to say, but nothing to write. Know what I mean?

Mark is well. We haven't been able to communicate much because of bad internet connection and poor phone quality. Our phone conversations are frustrating, but very much appreciated. There is a delay in the phones... so I will say something, Mark won't hear it for 10 seconds or so...so he starts saying something and we both end up talking/hearing each other at the same time. The conversation is mostly us talking over each other, or waiting in silence to see if the other person will talk. The internet is so-so. He has some sort of internet card that he bought, so he can get internet in his tent, but it is very slow and cuts in and out. BUT, like I said...we are very appreciative for any contact, even if it's minimal.

We don't talk much about what is going on over there. He always asks about my days, and doesn't want to talk much about his. I think he likes to hear about my mundane day-to-day activities. It makes him feel like he is still in touch with civilization to some point.

38 days until his leave. Everyday I get out of bed, I think, "one less day we have to wait!" I am thankful for everyday I make it through with out going crazy. :)

I have been really busy, and have had some super exciting achievements lately...but will elaborate more on them at a different time maybe. There is always a light in the darkness.

One small update I guess...Mark is now going on missions. I don't have more to elaborate on that topic.

If nothing else, this deployment has brought us closer and really made us appreciate the small things in life. As dumb as it sounds when people tell you...don't forget to say your "I love yous" and give hugs. You are never promised a tomorrow.

Please keep these troops in your prayers, especially with the increase in missions.

No comments:

Post a Comment