Saturday, November 14, 2009

Words

29 days until Mark leaves the sandbox. He's excited. We're excited.

Next care package party is in Jan. I have to talk with the parental unit and the in-laws to figure out a date that works with everyone. I am no longer working at the hospital, so I have weekends off! I feel free. haha.

Mark got back safely from his mission. He couldn't tell me much about it, but he went with a bunch of guys, and they were gone for about 3-4 days. I think he liked getting "out" a little. He also said he saw his first tree since he's been over there. It was at a different base. I think it's a little tricky to get a tree to grow in sand. He also said that they have giant kangaroo rats. Not their proper name, I don't think. He said they are giant rats that hop like rabbits. Gross! That would be enough to make me run in the other direction. They also have desert spiders. Ick to that too. I wouldn't survive over there. About every 4-5 days they see a cloud. I was confused by this at first, but it makes sense that a desert doesn't have enough moisture for them. Makes sense.

Mark still gets Thursdays off, in which he works out. I got a question about what they do on their days off. I only know what Mark does, and it's...not much. He works out and reads. Good thing for him I have a stock pile of magazines and his junk mail to send his way. hehe. There isn't much for entertainment over there. I think they have a "common area" with a TV, but i'm not entirely sure. He said something about watching the Twins game a while back, and said they might have it playing in there. I'll have to ask him more about that.

They are still all enjoying everything from the care packages. I will put up a revised list later, based on their feedback of what was sent. They were just happy to get packages, but I wanted to know more about what exactly they liked the most/least. Oh, and nothing exploded or leaked in route, which is good.

We are currently house hunting. I feel like I have to include "we" because there are several of us going at it, even if Mark isn't directly house hunting with us. We spent hours last Sat driving around with the Realtor looking at houses, and stopping by open houses. We are getting a really good idea of where we want to live, and what we want in a house. If everything goes our way, we could be in a house early Feb. Yes, I will be living there before Mark gets back. I might get us a dog to keep me company though :) (sorry parents!). Speaking of parents. I like them. They've been helping a lot with this too, so thanks!

I am starting full time at my job just after Mark leaves. It's an exciting and scary transition all at once. The living alone thing will be good for me, but we all know I love and need people around me at all times. It'll be interesting to say the least! My family doesn't think I can do it, gotta prove 'em wrong. I've already asked all my friends to take shifts on who is staying over hehe. (I'm not kidding about this one.)

I'm waiting for Mark to send me pictures. I guess he has a bunch, including some of their living/sleeping area. They still have crappy interwebs though, so i'll have to wait. If nothing else, I can put them up when he is back. LESS THAN A MONTH! Woop.

Oh, he might also be moving back to working nights. There is a guy on nights who is going on leave, so it would be a temporary thing. I don't know how he gets his sleep straight with all this switching. So, he'd be supervising the night crew I guess.

Hope everyone's doing good. Could everyone else start a blog so I can read about you? I need updates on everyone. Ok, thanks. :)

-H

No comments:

Post a Comment